Thursday, October 22, 2009

Day 8 Middlegate, NV to Austin, NV

I had heard about this "The Shoetree", one of the only trees I had seen in days. Not many trees can grow in this area but this sure did. It's such a loner that someone came up with the idea of throwing a pair of shoes around it, and it caught on. I couldn't begin to count just how many shoes were up on the tree, but I would say hundreds. There is a large temperature difference between the day and night here in the desert. A 50 to 60 degree difference was normal. The days highs were around the mid 90's and the night's lows fall around the 40's. Finishing my day here to Austin, NV was one of my hardest days so far. No services what's so ever, very hot and dry, headwinds, and the last few miles to town were just crazy steep. I had to get off my bike and push, as my legs just said no.

No comments:

Post a Comment