Friday, October 23, 2009

Day 11 Pancake Summit, NV to Ely, NV

It got very cold last night where I was sleeping, off the side of the road. I think it's because I am at 6500' in elevation. It's still incredible to me that the temperature changes so much over the course of a day and into the night. So cold that I woke up at 3am to put on a winter hat and gloves. I really like the idea of breaking up a long mileage day, into two days. I am in no rush, so whats the sense of killing myself just to get to a town with food and water, if you are prepared. I had 3 mountain passes to climb today: Pancake Summit at 6521', Little Antelope Summit at 7438', and Robinson Summit at 7588'. Also, the other reason for breaking this into 2 days, is because I would have had 5 summits to climb and over 85 miles to pedal. To much with 100 pounds of bike and gear to push up those steep climbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment