Monday, October 26, 2009

Day 31 Trout Lake, CO to Ridgeway, CO

I am freezing! Oh, that's why, it's only 34 degrees this morning, and fresh snow on the mountain tops. (photo above) Even though the campground was closed, the bathroom was still open and they had electric hand warmers which I used for half an hour just to thaw out my hands. The manager came over to me this morning just to see if I was ok and if I needed anything. He was the one to tell me about the bathrooms. The first part of my ride this morning was bitter cold, but after a few climbs, I warmed up. I met another bike tourer, "Adam" but he was going the other way. Adam was planning on spending a few days in Telluride, at this weekends "Blues and Brews" festival. I decided to stay away from the large drunken crowd of people and shoot right by Telluride. At day's end I found a state park with shelters over the tent sites which was nice, seeing that it has been raining everyday around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment