Monday, October 26, 2009

Day 28 Blanding, UT to Monticello, UT

We all woke up early, mostly due to the girls having a long day as they were going to try and make it to Moab by tonight. Moab was 85 miles away, a very long last day of cycling for them. As for me, I was going to take a short day and stay in Monticello for the night as the next major town was Dolores, Colorado a full days ride away. We packed up quickly, ate our breakfast, and the 3 of us hit the road for the last time together. We biked together for the most part this morning as bad weather was approaching us. Some rain, and thunder managed to reach us but nothing we couldn't ride through. We made it to the town of Monticello, Utah and the end of the road for us travelling together. Margaret asked a man to take a few photos of us together. (Photo above, Greet, Me, and Margaret) I will never see these girls ever again, I thought to myself. My emotions took over as I was wiping tears from my eyes. Very sad goodbyes, I waved to my new friends as they pedaled off in the distance. As I watched them go out of my site, I realized this is what I love most about cycle touring, not the miles pedalling everyday, not the scenery you see at a snail's pace, but the friendships you make along the way. That is cycling touring to me, and wouldn't have it any other way. Goodbye my friends, I'll miss you two. The rest of the day I went to the library and picked up some food, then found a campground. Tomorrow I should be in my 4th state, Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment