Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Day 4 Placerville, CA to Cooks Station, CA

Let the climbing begin! This morning I started near sea level and by days end, I was at 5000' above sea level and only half way to the summit of Carson Pass. It was only getting hotter as I continued inland, but the elevation kept it cool, or cold at night. Near the end of the day, I came across Dave and his son Josh. (the 2 in the photo) Dave was playing sag wagon for Josh who was doing a one day 200 miler from Carson City, NV to Sacramento, CA. Josh called it the Capital to Capital ride. At this point where I met them, he had miles and miles of downhill and I was very jealous as I just spent my whole day climbing and only doing a fraction of the miles he was. Dave gave me all kinds of food and drink as his whole truck bed was full of supplies for Josh. After leaving those two, I came across a one stop town called Cooks Station, and they let me camp behind the store, for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment