Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Day 2 Winters, CA to West Sacramento, CA

This graffiti bridge lead me to the small town of Winters, CA, where I took my morning rest stop at the town park. Already temperatures were rising, so early starts from now on. Today I pedalled through the "Bicycle Capital of the USA". Davis, CA is world class bicycle city. I felt as though I was back in Holland, with bike paths everywhere. More bikes then cars, it was a very nice surprise for me. I ended this day at a KOA campground, early due to the temperatures in the 90's. It didn't make sense to me, to push myself early in the trip. I had flashbacks of Southern California, 1997 and my first cross country bike trip, that nearly ended in disaster. I had passed out from heat exhaustion, and needed an ambulance ride to the hospital. I didn't want to re-live that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment