Saturday, October 24, 2009

Day 18 Bryce Canyon National Park

What a day off! I liked it so much, I will take another day off tomorrow. Well, I thought 2 days off would give me more time to explore this awesome place and with free shuttles driving me around, I could really rest my poor and sore legs. I woke up this morning in relax mode for the first time of this trip. I didn't need to pack up my tent and wolf down breakfast and hit the road. I had signed up for a bus tour of the entire park. A 4 hour tour took a full bus load to every scenic overlook in the park and stopped to let us get out and explore a few minutes while the guide gave us info about the area. Very happy to have signed up for that tour. After the tour, I got cleaned up and made dinner. Then walked to the Bryce Canyon Lodge for a ranger talk about the night time sky of Bryce. It was a dark walk back to camp but a beautiful full moon lead the way, along with my headlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment