Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Day 6 Carson City, NV to Fallon, NV

Fill'er up! Well, this is a joke of course, but I did need gas stations. My camp stove used auto gas, so I would stop about once a week and fill up my small fuel bottle for about 45 cents. It was always fun watching the gas attendants face as I hand them the few coins to pay for it. Fallon, NV is the start of the "Loneliest Road in America", also known as Highway 50. This stretch of road goes almost 400 miles straight across Nevada. Back in the 1980's, a writer for Life Magazine did an article on this Highway 50 and gave it the name "Loneliest Road in America" and it stayed ever since. AAA does not recommend any motor vehicle drive this road due to lack of services. What's that make you think about riding a bicycle across it?

No comments:

Post a Comment