Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Day 3 West Sacramento, CA to Placerville, CA

This is the American River Bike Trail that runs 30 miles from Davis, CA to Folsom, CA. Very flat and heavily used, as I saw and met a lot of bicyclists. The Sacramento River is on the right side of the photo above and the biker is "Chris". Chris, pedalled up to me on the trail and started talking. I rode with Chris for about 25 miles to the town of Folsum, where the trail ends and he lived. Chris asked if he could buy me lunch in town. I couldn't turn that offer up. We filled up on pizza and said our goodbyes afterwards. Not a good time to be bloated on pizza, as the hills were to begin. Later that day, I met Liz and Bill, 2 school teachers from Connecticut who were just finishing there cross country bike trip which started out early in the summer from Virginia. I talk to them both for awhile before going our own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment