Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Day 5 Cooks Station, CA to Carson City, NV


Today's ride was to finish Carson Pass, which was another 3500' of climbing. It took me most of the day to crest the summit at 8,573'. Now on top of the Sierra Nevada mountains, it was all downhill to Carson City. While on top of the summit, I talk with the 2 park rangers that had a shelter on the top of it. Beside the shelter, was the path of the Pacific Crest Trail, a hiking trail that goes from Canada to Mexico. The PCT is 2600 miles long, and it made me happy to be on my bicycle. At my campsite that night, a man named Richard came over to me and interview me for his website, taking photos and video of me, taking about this and other trips I have taken. His website is about crazy vacations people take. A prize goes to the person with the craziest vacation and he thought for sure I would win. I haven't heard anything as of yet and really don't expect to, but it was good company that night even though I was cooking dinner as he came over to me. Something that always seems to happen. I never turn down company or friendly people on the road that I meet. Meeting new people is one of the main reasons I enjoy bike touring, especially since I am solo.

No comments:

Post a Comment