Thursday, October 22, 2009

Day 7 Fallon, NV to Middlegate, NV



Want an easy job around here? How about being the local weatherman? "Well, today will be dry, hot, and sunny. Tomorrow will be dry, hot, and sunny. Everyday will be..." Where I took this phote above, it doesn't seem to have rained all year here. Just off the road on Hwy 50, Nevada. No plant life and no wildlife, mostly due to no rain in this part of the desert near Salt Wells, Nevada. Waking up this morning, I had a surprise when I saw another tent, set up right beside me that wasn't there when I went to sleep. It was another bike tourer (Christan) from Germany. Christan didn't get to camp until 11:00pm as he did a huge day, but cycling at night is not the safest thing to do. I guess around here it's not so bad due to the very little traffic. I didn't even hear him set up camp, (that's not good if someone was stealing my bike) but we talked for awhile in the morning. He was going west towards LA, so we could not ride together.

No comments:

Post a Comment