Monday, October 26, 2009

Day 32 Ridgeway, CO to Cimmaron, CO

I have a new plan for this morning. Since it's been so cold in the morning just after waking up, today I will do my laundry first and let it warm up before setting off. It's so cold outside, that I ate breakfast in the laundry room and again used the bathroom hand dryers to warm up my hands. It was only a little after 9am, when I hit the road. The sun rose just enough to begin warming the mountain air. Another surprise to me was that I am biking through "Black Canyon of Gunnison National Park". I never even heard of this park before. I camped in the park at Cimarron Campground, and took a short walk after set up to the Gunnison River and Dam. I walked down this road that started at the campground and lead to deep canyon walls and a 400' high dam that they use for hydro electric power, as well as hiking trails along the Gunnison River.

No comments:

Post a Comment