Monday, October 26, 2009

Day 27 Natural Bridges, UT to Blanding, UT

This morning there was 6 bikers packing up to hit the road early, well 5 bikers. Elliot was going to stay one more night with Stan as he was going to spend the day cycling around the Natural Bridges. Tim and Ian left first as Greet, Margaret, Elliot, Stan, and I ate breakfast and said our goodbyes. All morning I keep thinking how nice it was, that Stan let all these homeless bikers into his camp for the night. A few mountain passes to climb today (photo above, Margaret, Greet, and Me at 7110'), but not to bad and not much wind like yesterday. As always while travelling with the girls, we would go our own pace. Not always would we ride shoulder to shoulder as everyone likes a little space in their life. During the times off strong headwinds we tired to paceline but I found it very difficult to do with loaded bicycles and not to used to the other riders so we didn't do that to much. Greet and Margaret did a lot of it, but they knew each others pace pretty well, and it seemed to work for them. Kind of a short day today, we decided to get something to eat and go to the town library in Blanding, then find a campsite for the night. Tonight we had a special last supper, as tomorrow the girls will continue north to Moab and I will turn east towards Colorado. I was very sad about this, and even told the girls this, but I don't think they were buying it. I was really going to miss them. I felt for some reason that I had known Greet and Margaret for years, not days. Like I went to high school with them or grew up next door to them, but it has only been a few days. I didn't want to think about it to much but most of that night I did anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment