Monday, October 26, 2009

Day 35 Garfield, Co to Cotopaxi, CO

Can you say C-O-L-D!!!! How about S-N-O-W!!!! Ok, this takes first place, for being the coldest yet. I am at 11,ooo' and the sun is out but it's only in the high 20's this morning. I went down to the pool area at the lodge and grabbed a towel to use as a neck warmer and face mask. (photo above) This is ridiculous, it's only September, not December! The bad thing about this is that I have many miles of downhill to do this morning. Downhill, means high speeds, high speeds mean wind in the face, and wind in the face at 28 degrees means frozen nose, eyes, and ears, not to mention every other body part. I went into a Wal-Mart in Salida to buy a pair of winter gloves but the woman working there said they don't have them out yet. To early in the season, I guess. Well, so is the temps around here, I thought. I came across the next best thing. Hand Warmers, that you use while skiing, or any other outdoor winter activity. They fit right inside your gloves. I got a few pairs and used them in my gloves and in my shoes. This was a super idea, I feel warmer already and used them all day. I got to another KOA and rented a cabin again. Notice I'm not camping anymore. Just a little to cold for that, around here at least. This cabin had a space heater and I blasted it all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment