Saturday, October 24, 2009

Day 19 Bryce Canyon National Park

Rest day number 2. Well worth it. What's the rush, I said to myself? Over the last day and a half, I have made friends with the Greet and Margaret, who are from the Netherlands. They are the two I met coming into the campground the other day and showed me the way. They are heading off this morning, but we made plans to meet up in a few days, in a place called "Hanksville". We looked over the maps and even had a campground picked out, to meet at. I was sad in a way, that they are leaving but happy and looking forward to meeting back up with them. I hope we can cycle together for a few days as well. After the girls left, I cooked up a mess of pancakes, I say mess, because they stuck all over my pot, which is not good for making pancakes. Of course, I eat my scrambled pancakes and then caught the free shuttle to Bryce Point, and then another shuttle to Sunrise Point where I would begin my 3 mile hike in the canyon. Bonnie and I had done this hike a few years ago, and I remember it as being incredible. Getting off the shuttle bus, I met 4 other bike tourers and talked about their travels and mine before setting off on my hike. After the hike I shuttled back to camp and went to other ranger talk at the lodge, but this talk was on the trees of Bryce. Tomorrow I bike on!

No comments:

Post a Comment